This blog was posted later than I expected as I was kept busy by other work. I have a bad feeling about the next couple of weeks, especially leading up to exam seasons.
One thing that I have to mention is this confusion involving counting the steps. During the tutorial, every single operation was counted as a step, so it is possible to count multiple steps for a single line. I'm pretty sure that someone brought this up in class. Eventually I realized that it doesn't matter how you count the steps, it just differs by a constant factor so it does not change the bigger picture.
Maximum slice looked really long, and tough. I couldn't really follow it readily in class. But after re-reading the slides and notes a couple of times I am starting to understand it better. It just gets really hectic since you have i which depend on n, and then j depends on i, and the number of time the second while loop executes depends on i and n, specifically from i + 1 up to n. I also had a friend who showed the notes from the last term and that helped clear some things up.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and preferably start studying for next weeks test, it did not seem too harsh since Prof. Heap mentioned that things involving complexity(steps, upper&lower bounds) won't be on the test.
No comments:
Post a Comment