Wow this course really creeps on you quickly. I found myself falling behind a couple of times in class, but by the end of the class I usually have a through understanding of the topic. I often found myself trying to piece the information together while other are asking questions, which really helped a lot!
The tutorial was really bad. I spaced out a couple of times, one time while the TA was explaining how to do a specific question. There were a lot of relatively new concepts for me to take in and I think I messed up the quiz because I had a lot of stuff going on in my head and I just mixed the materials all together.
It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do, I'm planning on meeting up with a friend of mine that took 165 last term and aced the course. I hope I'm able to stay on top of my work!
Or come ask me at the end of the tutorial if you still have any questions :)
ReplyDeleteI also think it's a better idea to work with someone who's currently taking the course, you'll learn a lot more going through the questions together, than if you had someone who knows it all already!
I know what you are talking about, if someone knows the answer to something already then they're tempted to simply give the answer away. However, my friend didn't give me answers, she'd simply give hints or try to nudge me in the right direction whenever I'm onto something. I know that I was not just simply told the answer because there were a lot of silent moments where I'm just thinking really hard about the question and coming up with a solution, she mostly just confirmed whether or not if what I did was correct.
ReplyDelete